Saturday 6 November 2010

15. Discovering a friend

‘Hey, whatcha got on your shnozz?’ A voice startled Little Hairy-Harry. This voice was rather different from the others he had heard previously. It was a little nasal and high-pitched, but not in the slightest bit nasty. Extraordinary.

‘Who, if I may ask, are you?’ enquired Little Hairy-Harry, politely. ‘I have not yet had the pleasure of encountering you in the neighbourhood…’

‘Yeah, whatever. I was just swinging by. Is there a decent spot around here to catch a bite at?’

Little Hairy-Harry was absolutely staggered. Never before had he met a hair of this ilk. Instead of being long and narrow, he was short and portly and moved about on six legs, sporting a genuine coat of lustrous fur.

Hairs growing on a hair?

‘This object in front of me,’ thought Little Hairy-Harry, ‘must surely that which is commonly referred to as “a tourist”.’

‘I am deeply sorry that I cannot shake your hand. However, as you may have noticed, I am a little on the petite side and somewhat stuck here in my hide-out. Nonetheless, allow me to wish you a warm  welcome to this admirable region of our country. What kind of conditioner, if I may ask, do you apply to your hair?’


No comments:

Post a Comment